Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Ren Village kids have their own blog

Julianna, the woman working with the children on developing their stories about New Orleans, has helped them set up a blog. It's a great way to encourage their writing, reading, and growth. These entries don't have to deal with New Orleans but the things that make up their everyday world. Photographs aren't yet included, but we talked about that possibility.

At the end of our visit yesterday I walked into her area where she works with the kids and watched as a few of them read other's entries out loud. I was honored too once I plopped on the couch as Joseph sat next to me so that I could read his entry. As I read it aloud to him he smiled and looked quite happy to share.

Please visit http://rvlc.blogspot.com/. I'm sure that the kids would love comments from you. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home