Thursday, March 31, 2011

I was one happy girl in New Orleans last Tuesday night. A quick visit to pick up our visiting friend from Japan led to a fun encounter with the Young Fellaz Brass Band. I LOVE this city, its people, and the music it breeds.


I couldn't have planned it any better. A drink at the Carousel Bar and a walk onto Bourbon to find a brass band playing at 11 o'clock at night. I jumped into the Young Fellaz Brass Band crowd pulling in my visiting friend from Japan, and danced our way to the corner of Canal. Two police officers 'tagged' along in their patrol cart and blocked off the street at Canal. The crowd grew, and the Young Fellaz played an inspired set of brass rhythms and sounds that made my heart jump. The dancin' and togetherness was all about life, joy, and release. I'm tellin you that on this night it was a precious gift to have been there with the them. Young Fellaz, it was more than wonderful to check you guys out. Thank you.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Denis said...

i am from brasil and me like this blog.
Nice pictures and culture.!!!

bye!!

12:46 PM  
Blogger aina said...

Thank you. I'm very glad that you checked things out here, Denis. Please come visit New Orleans one day and live the pictures and culture. :)

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home