Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The New Orleans Musicians Hurricane Relief Fund


This past Sunday while at Preservation Hall for Gospel Sunday, I had an opportunity to speak a bit with Mr. Benjamin Jaffe. I was originally curious about the Music Rising guitar presented to him by the Edge at the hall reopening, but as we spoke more I became much more interested in an organization he started with his wife. It's called the New Orleans Musicians Hurricane Relief Fund, http://www.nomhrf.org/, and it's there with the NOLA musicians from inside out helping with recovery.

As I learn more about their efforts through the site, I am most impressed and inspired by the people involved. I can really feel their care and understanding in what they are doing, and more importantly I get a good sense of the musicians and the culture being helped.


A big thank you to Mr. Jaffe for introducing me to NOMHRF. I hope to be able to contribute my efforts somehow. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home